Look at that.Â Isn’t that the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?Â I don’t have any more words to describe it.Â The photo speaks for itself. Serve it with a big pitcher of sangria this weekend!!
Taco Dip My WayÂ (serves 6-8…if you’re willing to share)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (I used fat free, but whatever you prefer)
- 1 can Hormel Chili, no beans
- 1 avocado, diced or pureed
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 small can of black olives
- 1 smallÂ jalepeÃ±o pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1) Add finely chopped onion to an avocado that’s either diced or pureed. Set aside.
2) In a casserole dish (no smaller than 1.5 Quart) spread a layer of cream cheese on bottom.
3) Pour the can of chili on top.Â Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
4) Spread a layer of the avocado and onion mixture on top.
5) This is where I combined a bunch of steps and didn’t take any pictures leading up to it. Layer lettuce, then tomato, olives, peppers, and finally shredded cheese on top.
Â 6) Heat in the microwave for no more than 1 minute.Â Any longer will make lettuce and tomatoes mushy and watery.
7) Serve with tortilla chips.