Over the weekend my husband cooked for me. This is a once in a year (if not 5 years) occurrence, like other rarities such as cleaning the bathroom. I had to take pictures to document this special occasion.
He adapted this recipe from epicurious.com and made a few minor adjustments. In fact, it’s even easier than epicurious’s recipe. Another plus is there’s no baking required, so no standing in a hot kitchen sweating over your dessert.
And after you blend the blueberry filling it will look like you just murdered 500 Smurfs with your mixer. That’s always an appetizing sight.
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 pre-made store bought graham cracker pie crust
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces Philadelphia-brand cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whip Cream
1) Pour 1/4 cup water into small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir over very low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, blend cream cheese, cream, sugar, and lemon juice using a hand-held mixer. Add berries; puree until smooth (some blueberry bits will remain). Add warm gelatin mixture and blend well. Pour filling into crust. Cover; chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.)
3) Spread whip cream thickly over top of cheesecake before serving.