Over the weekend my husband cooked for me. This is a once in a year (if not 5 years) occurrence, like other rarities such as cleaning the bathroom. I had to take pictures to document this special occasion.Â He adapted this No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake recipe from epicurious.com and made a few minor adjustments. In fact, itâs even easier than epicuriousâs recipe. Another plus is thereâs no baking required, so no standing in a hot kitchen sweating over your dessert.
And after you blend the blueberry filling it will look like you just murdered 500 Smurfs with your mixer. Thatâs always an appetizing sight.
Â No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 pre-made store bought graham cracker pie crust
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces Philadelphia-brand cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whip Cream
1) Pour 1/4 cup water into small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir over very low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, blend cream cheese, cream, sugar, and lemon juice using a hand-held mixer. Add berries; puree until smooth (some blueberry bits will remain). Add warm gelatin mixture and blend well. Pour filling into crust. Cover; chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.)
3) Spread whip cream thickly over top of cheesecake before serving.