Soft Tacos with shredded lime chipotle chicken, topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, corn & black bean salsa and sour cream. Enough said.
Tacos with Lime Chipotle chicken (serves 4)
Prep time: 30 minutes
2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup canned black beans
1/2 cup drained salsa
1/2 lime, juiced
8-10 soft taco shells
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
sour cream for topping
1) Boil a pot of water (just enough water to fully immerse chicken breasts). Put chicken breasts in, lower heat to medium – medium low. Heat for approx. 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
2) As the chicken is cooking, mix corn, black beans, and drained salsa together in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice into salsa, mix.
3) If you would like to heat up the soft taco shells, heat on pan on medium high for 30 seconds per side.
4) When chicken is fully cooked, take out on cutting board to cool. Shred chicken with forks (or hands). Put chicken in a large bowl/dish and pour marinade onto chicken, mixing well.
5) Have everyone assemble their own soft tacos! Pile each taco with shredded chicken, cheese, corn & bean salsa and top it off with a refreshing dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Poaching chicken breasts is the quickest and easiest way to get tender, juicy chicken that doesn’t require using extra fat/oil. Boil enough water to fully submerge the chicken breasts. Use chicken broth instead of water if you prefer.
When chicken is fully cooked, set on cutting board to cool. Then gently pull apart meat with forks (or hands). It should pull apart easily.
Put chicken in a large bowl/dish, pour marinade and mix thoroughly.
Say it with me….Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. MMMM. mmmmm.
As the chicken is poaching, make the salsa.
To make the salsa, mix corn, black beans and drained salsa in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice and mix.
If you prefer to heat your soft taco shells, heat on medium high on a skillet, 30 seconds per side.
Let everyone assemble their own tacos! Have plates of shredded chicken, shredded cheese, soft taco shells, and bowl of salsa on the table.
And sour cream, of course.